Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Teamwork Is The Real Key To Success!!

Noun 1.teamwork - cooperative work done by a team (especially when it is effective); "it will take money, good planning and, above all, teamwork"
cooperation - joint operation or action; "their cooperation with us was essential for the success of our mission"

So many people have heard all the teamwork slogans like, there is no "I" in team, or my personal favorite a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Though all meaningful most people thing is is a load of crap. The reason is that it is so played out in the corporate world. But, what many people have to know is that teamwork is possibly the single most important think a sales person needs to learn to master. Now I know many of you are saying, yeah what ever Mike we have all heard this before, but trust me keep reading, you will thank me.

When you are working on a large deal, or even a mid-cap deal you must learn to use all the tools in your tool shed. What to I mean by this, well in the words of one of my most trusted mentors Tim Searcy, "You must bring a boat to take down a whale." What I am saying is that with out a team of skilled teammates behind you, you have little to no chance to get the big deal. What do I do, simple, the moment I think I have a whale on the line, I get my entire team involved. I do this for one simple reason, because I learned long ago to surround my self with people who are much smarter than I am. This way when my client has a question that I may not know, some one on my team can answer it for me. Working in this way allows me to supply a level of service to my client's that stands alone in my industry.

So if you are looking to increase your personal bank account it is time to work with your team instead of trying to do it your self. Because doing it your self will just leave you alone with a small bank account. Doing it with a team will have you at a kick butt martini bar with a bunch of friends celebrating the HUGE deal you just closed.

From Sales Life Style

Bio: Michael McMillan is the director of Sales & Marketing for Answer Center America, Inc. “Teamwork Is The Real Key To Success!!” talks about how it takes a team of people to do great things not just 1 person. For more information on ACA's services please visit http://www.goacanow.com.

2 comments:

telemarketgeek said...

I am truly flattered by the compliment. I would add something. If you are the leader of the boat, you cannot know how to react to the whale if you are completely engaged in every piece. In essence, you have to be able to listen with your hair (apologies Sales King) and you can't do that if you are doing all the talking. Smart people on your side help, but you are smartest when you are listening carefully and determining what is being said by the prospect behind their words and directing each of the team members in how they respond. Be well my friends.

Unknown said...

Well said, Sales King and Whale Hunter! Thanks for the advice and counsel, my fellow mentors.

Will be working with my team today -
Kelli Robbins :-)

(listening carefully...)