Friday, December 5, 2008

Success Starts at Home

Through out much of my sales training and mentoring I have learned about how hard work makes sales easier. But, what they fail to to ever teach you is how your personal life can effect your professional.

I am married to one of the most amazing wife a sales guy like me could ever ask for. She is very supportive of my career and all the negative and positive that comes with living a sales life style. Her support of my life style is what drives me to my success. Now I know you may already be saying to your self, No Mike your success is driven through determination, hard work, and the passion you have for what you do. My answer to you would be NO! Those are things that have lead from the support I receive at home from my wife on a daily basis.

I would like to share with all of you possibly the most perfect example of what I am talking about. Today, December 5th, 2008 I just closed the largest sale in ACA history. This single account will redefine ACA as a company for many years to come. When I told my wife of my accomplishment today she gave me a huge hug and kiss and told me she knew I could do it. Of course that always feel great, but that was not all she had in store. Earlier that day she had actually known about what I was wrapping up. So she stopped by Nordstrom and purchased something I have always wanted, a Mont Blanc Pen! Now for all you sales people out there, you know Mont Blanc is like a 4 crt. diamond ring to a prospective bride. This is truly the pen of pens for sales people. She got me this as a reminder for what I accomplished. This token of appreciation has me so gratefully to have her in my life I felt it necessary to write about tonight.

From Misc. . .


So all you sales people out there when you are looking to increase your sales success. First make sure you have a loving & supportive home life first. As if your home life is not stable how can you ever expect to have a stable sales life.

From Misc. . .

Bio: Michael McMillan is the director of Sales & Marketing for Answer Center America, Inc. “Success Starts at Home” reviews how much your home life effects your sales life. For more information on ACA's services please visit http://www.goacanow.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mike! back in the day, my father used to call a success like that analogous to a "30-pt game" in basketball. Since starting Organics Anonymous in April '08, I've had a few such clients transform my business... It's a little scary, too, no? Still, feels like a 30-pt game.

Congrats!