Sunday, December 28, 2008

Baton Down The Hatches Because Here We Go!


T Minus 3 Days, 14 Hours..... and Counting Till 2009

It's the final stretch to get everything you can done and ready for 2009.  Many people have been emailing me asking me for my end of year checklist that I use to get me and my team ready for the next year.  So I figured why not share my response with all of you.  

Instead of sharing my actual check list I thought it would be much more beneficial to share with all of you what questions I ask myself to come up with my check list.  We don't have much time so lets jump right in.

1. What are my top 4 quarterly goals, and what is their priority?  
(What Order Do I Want Them Done In)

2. What are the company's sales goals and forecast models?
a. What process or system do I have in place to track my numbers?
-Have I tested to make sure this systems is working properly?

3. What training do I need to complete with my team before the new year?
(New Service/Products, New Commission or Bonus Structure, etc...)

4. What are my professional goals for my self and how do I plan to complete them?
a. What new group, organization, or club will I join in "09?
- What is my plan to become recognized? (i.e. - Board Member, Award, etc...)
b. What classes or training seminars will I be attending in "09?
- How will they benefit me and my team?
- Are any of them able to be expense or do I need to budget for them personally?
c. What new business outfits am I planning on purchasing for "09?
- Have I budgeted for them?
d. What were my "08 accomplishments?
- Where have I posted these so I see them every day in "09?
e. Have I planned a personal vacation with my wife?
(Make sure to add personal pieces as your personal life can set the tone for your professional)

5.  Do I have any money left in my budget for "08 that I should allocate to a marketing blitz for Jan. "09?

6. What are all the marketing and advertising companies I will be using in "09?
a. What is my contract length with them?
b. How much is the contract?
c. What matrix am I using to track it's success or failure?

You Are Done!!!!

This is a great starting point but  by no means everything for everyone.  With different industries come more or less questions.  The most important thing is to make sure you are asking your self at least the personal goal questions as with out the answers to them you have no direction for the new year.

**One Last Important Note**
Once you have completed answering all of your "09 questions make sure to post them at your desk and on your mirror in your home bathroom.  This way you are reminded of them ever day and can stay focused through out the year.  Also, once you have completed any of the tasks, goals, etc... make sure to check them off so you can see your accomplishments.  This is one of the most important pieces as these types of tasks can be easily forgotten or motivation lost if you do not keep them in front of your face at all times.  

Have a successful & prosperous New Year!!



Bio: Michael McMillan is the director of Sales & Marketing for Answer center America, Inc. “Baton Down The Hatches Because Here We Go!” helps managers and sales people get ready for the new year by getting organized. For more information on ACA's services please visit http://www.goacanow.com.

From Sales Life Style

No comments: