Friday, April 5, 2013

A Lesson On Listening From My 16-Month-Old


It is simply amazing what we can learn from our children.  For me it was not a new lesson, but more of a reminder of the importance to think before you answer a question.

I took this short video above the other morning.  You will notice each time I ask my daughter what she thinks, she places her finger to her lips and goes hmmm. 

Granted this is not her really thinking about an answer, but still it struck a cord in me.  It made me think about how quick I answer questions, sometime before I think about my answer.  Since this video each time I am asked a question the image of my daughter comes into my mind and it makes me take a moment before I respond with an answer.  

I have noticed my answers now are much more concise and detailed.  All this from just taking an extra second or two so the question could sink in.

So next time you are asked a question, remember if my 16 month old knows to think about a response first, surely you can!

To Your Success & Prosperity!

No comments: