Thursday, January 24, 2013

Follow Up To - Social Media Success Video

On Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 I posted a short video about how to be more successful on social media (Social Media Success Video).  After the post I received a few emails asking for examples of things I have done that have impacted my network, and show that my theory of helping others is all you need to do to be successful online.

Well as luck would have it, I received the message below through my Linkedin account from a gentlemen in my network who just changed jobs, and that I sent a little note of congratulations to.  This small gesture I made, had a huge impact on him and his day, which I know also impacted his want and need to help others.  

As I said in my video, it is not the big things that matter to people.  It is the small things that have the greatest impact on your network.  It is saying congratulations on a job promotion, the annual birthday wish or pointing a person toward a possible opportunity.  These are things that people remember, and then make them want to pay it forward and help others, including you.

LinkedIn

Shosei  has sent you a message.
Date: 1/23/2013
Subject: RE: Congratulations on your new position!
Michael,

What a surprise, that's very generous of you. I could not resist myself a smile on my face with your message. My sincere gratitude.

You've inspired me today with your praise, the importance of a simple message, has so much positive energy to it, I'm re-examining the substance of my email communication with clients and prospects.

I hope you had a great start for 13, please forward my luck for you and your surroundings.

Boy, that was some influence. There's good air in the room now. Thanks a million!

Best,

Shosei


On 01/22/13 12:25 PM, Michael McMillan wrote:
--------------------
Hi Shosei,
I saw you're now Creative Director at Cardinal & Sevenfold and wanted to say congratulations!

Keeping helping others, and remember to treat others like you want to be treated, and the world will make sure to take care of you!

To Your Success & Prosperity!!

No comments: