Friday, November 28, 2008

Help A Friend

Today I was out with, in my opinion, the most talented sushi chef I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We had a very long discussion about business, in particular advertising & marketing. After about an hour of general talking I started to quickly see both the differences and similarities of my business and his restaurant. Once I saw this I knew what I wanted to do next. I offered my assistance to him completely free of charge to help take is already very profitable restaurant.

My first step was research to find out what people are currently saying about his place online. Luckily this is so much easier now that their are sites like Yelp! and Citysearch.com. After reviewing these sites I was able to find his strength and weaknesses. I have composed this into a power point along with a marketing strategy I am building for him. I am doing a 3 tier plan that will roll out over the next 7 months. My hope is to increase his business by more than 55% over the next year.

Why do I do all this work for free you ask? Well when I first started I asked my self the very same question. When I initially started I planned to create a marketing plan to sell to him. But, then after spending time with him I quickly saw a great passion I had in working with a restauranture. For this reason I took on his project as a test case so to create a marketable plan to other restaurants. My hope is to get something I can recreate and then mass duplicate to all restauranture's.

I share this with all of you so you can see that sometimes you have to work very hard for very little to get a lot in return. So next time you see something you can exploit for money ask your self is it worth exploiting it now, or work to make it better then sell it for huge profit.

From Misc. . .

Bio: Michael McMillan is the director of Sales & Marketing for Answer Center America, Inc. “Help A Friend” shows why offering your help with no want of payment can commonly lead to the largest sales of your life. For more information on ACA's services please visit http://www.goacanow.com.

No comments: