Monday, December 17, 2012

Selling My Childhood Home

Trying to sell the home I grew up in.

WOW!

What a weird mix of emotions this is causing.

After my fathers passing I knew this was something I was going to have to do, but nothing really gets you ready for this undertaking.  Just walking into my dad's bedroom felt like I was crossing into a foreign country illegally.  Then having to go through all his clothes and personal effects was almost to much to bare.  But, today was the icing on the cake, receiving the MLS link to the place I called home for my entire childhood.

http://www.coldwellbankeronline.com/property/details/2924300/MLS-08235204/1225-Jamie-Lane-Homewood-IL-60430.aspx

There are so many stories and memories made in and around this home.  From snowball fights across the driveway to making the front stairwell into a slide.  It was the one place that was consistently in my life, till now.

But, at some point I guess we all have to let go of some of the physical items of our past and just focus on the memories of them.  Still, this is not an easy undertaking.  I am so happy I have my friends and family by my side helping me get through it.

No comments: