Thursday, January 8, 2009

Business in 2009

I thought it very important to share a reply to a question I received to everyone. I was asked why I felt that '09 would be a good sales year even though the economy is down. Here was my reply...

The economy is just in a new state. This is when companies that have planned for this down turn are going to take off, and those who did not will go away. For instance my company has been planning for this depression for over 2 years. This is because we didn’t listen to the talking heads and just saw what was going on. This planning allowed us to position our self very well. We now are able to tap a wealth of talent in the job market right now, and go after businesses we knew would be able to get through this bad economy as well as supply us vast amount of business.

Now is when people need to get back to basics and start understanding to be a success you have to work HARD, REALLY HARD! The age of entitlement is gone and the faster people understand this, the faster the economy will turn around.

My secret is simple:
  • There is no such thing as quick money!
  • The fact you can show up entitles you to NOTHING!
Most Importantly… 
  • If you do not put company first, you will never be successful!

No comments: